Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GameOver Random Thoughts

Hello gamers! I'm making an attempt at a new section to the blog called "Random Thoughts." I will share ideas from friends, developers, critics and myself regarding games. Any ideas submitted in comments will also be used for the section so please let your mind wander a little. *SPOILER WARNING* This week I purchased an Xbox 360 arcade system thanks to the price drop from the new slender version being released. A friend hooked me up with a decent hard drive so I can finally build my library of 360 exclusives while maintaining my PlayStation 3 core gaming system (yes, I am a Sony man). As I started my campaign on Mass Effect 2, I had a sort of revelation. Commander Shepard is the video game equivalent of Mark Hamill. Gamers were perplexed to see Shepard's altered face in the early launch trailers for BioWare's epic sci-fi sequel. Little did they realize that Shepard was reconstructed after dying in the game's opening scenes. Now think back to Mark Hamill who was involved in a car accident near the end of the filming of the first Star Wars that resulted in him having reconstructive surgery on his face. It was no wonder we all looked oddly at him in Empire Strikes Back muttering to ourselves, "you know, I don't know what it is but something is just off when I look at him."It's is likely the reason Luke Skywalker is attacked by a Wampa in the opening of the film to explain the change in his appearance. Just a random thought. Mass Effect fans be sure to watch this vid. Enjoy!
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco- The Replacements

No comments:

Post a Comment